Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Coccidioidomycosis




Radiographic images may show nothing, cavities or nodules
Cocci forms spherules filled with endospores in lungs
Treat local lung infexction with -conazoles
Clinically looks like pneumonia: cough, fever, arthralgias
Cocci associated with erythema nodosum
Transmission: spores in dust
Cocci spherules larger than RBCs
Cocci is dimorphic
Immunocompromised
Skin and lungs common sites of infection
Disseminates to bone of immunocompromised
Earthquakes are risk factor
Amphotericin for disseminated dz
Southwestern United states distribution
Can induce disseminated meningitis in immunocompromised

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete